What insurance do you need for your renovation, conversion, extension or self-build?

If you’re planning a renovation or extension project, making sure you have the right type of insurance is critical for your peace of mind.

Did you know that your normal house insurance doesn’t cover your property if you are altering it through an extension, renovation or conversion, including the loft and garage? Many homeowners assume that their insurance policy will continue to provide cover if they carry out a major home improvement project, but often this isn’t the case as a lot of policies have an exclusion – meaning you aren’t protected if you alter the structure of your building. Find out more

What is Site Insurance?

Site insurance or Self-Build Insurance is the cover you need during the process of building you’re home. It can cover you and everyone you employ on-site including existing structures and equipment/tools etc. Find out more

Structural Warranty

Whether you are building your ‘Dream Home’ as a Self-Build, Custom or Community Build or planning a Conversion, then our 10-year Structural Warranty is the best way to protect what may be your largest asset or investment. Our Structural Warranties are backed by A-Rated insurers and approved by the majority of Lenders in the UK. Find out more

Building Control & Other Surveys

We can facilitate all your survey needs through our sister company BZSS, taking on building control, technical audits for the warranty provision, EPC, APT etc. this can save both time and money by combining the building control and technical audits in the same visits. Find out more

Call the Self-Build Zone team on 0345 230 9874 or visit our website