LG Renewable Heating Solutions from LG

The LG Therma V Air to Water Heat Pump uses renewable technologies and natural energy from the air to provide green heating and hot water for your home.

THERMA V is approximately up to 4 times more efficient than boilers. The longer you use it, the more you can save on heating costs. THERMA V uses 75% of natural energy absorbed from outside air and the rest of 25% comes from electricity. THERMA V significantly reduces CO₂ emission compared to oil or gas boilers.

About air-to-water heat pumps

Air-to-water heat pump systems are a highly efficient way of heating homes (space heating & hot water). If you are looking to replace an old fossil-fuel boiler you can claim for the Governments domestic renewable heat incentive, to help pay towards the product and installation.


LG’s air-to-water heat pumps are on the Micro generation Certification Scheme (MCS) www.microgenerationcertification.org and when installed by a MCS approved engineer, the home owner will be able to claim 10.49pence / kWh for up to 7 years under the governments domestic Renewable Heat Incentive Scheme.


One of the key benefits air source heat pumps (ASHP) offer is that they do not burn fossil-fuels in your home.

A typical, traditional wet central heating system offers a Coefficient of Performance (COP) of around or slightly lower than 1.0 whereas ASHPs provide users with a maximum COP of around 4.5. Put simply, for every 1 kW of power it takes to run the pump it delivers up to around 4.5kW of heating output – which is impressive by any standards.

If you have any further questions about air-to-water heat pumps please contact one of our approved distributors.