From creating a flow from the interior to the exterior using hard-wearing tiles, to making your living space into a cosy retreat, flooring has a crucial role to play in your home’s overall effect. Here are an array of new products which can help you get it right from the bottom up
1. Flooring Mountain’s Medio Rustic Oak Engineered Flooring is a stylish range of engineered wood flooring that gives the appearance of solid hardwood oak, with improved durability and the benefit of a DIY friendly click-fit system. Available in five subtle tones and both matt lacquer and oiled finish variants, these stylish planks add depth to any room. Price: £32.95 per square metre. www.flooringmountain.co.uk
2. The Carnival Rectangle Organic Jute Rug by Braided Rug is reversible and extremely hard wearing, and can be used in any room in the house. Sustainable and made by us in Bangladesh, the rug is made in eight sizes ranging from oval and rectangular to hall runners and round styles.
A bright and jolly rug, it’s priced at £65. www.braided-rug.co.uk
3. Create a glamorous statement in your home this season with these Soho Marble Effect Tiles by Walls and Floors. Made from porcelain, these small format tiles are durable, long lasting and easy to clean. They have a subtle veined design, with a remarkable likeness of natural marble. The tiles are 185 x 185 x 8 mm, and priced at £34.95 per square metre. www.wallsandfloors.co.uk
4. Six sides, geometric styling and neutral grey tones make Porcelain Superstore’s Palm Springs Grey Tiles an instant design classic. As well as looking great, these tiles have a tactile finish to channel that artisan vibe. Inspired by traditional cement tiles, these hexagons are an incredibly practical and versatile choice. They are priced at £66 per square metre. www.porcelainsuperstore.co.uk
5. This unique Pisac Handmade Rug by Tupu Home was handwoven by artisans in the Andean region of Peru. The artisan makers use 100% natural sheep wool and natural dyes. This piece was woven using the traditional technique, and can add colour and texture to your living room as well as to your bedroom. Priced at £520. (150 cm x 200 cm). www.tupuhome.com
6. Luxuriously accessorise your living space with the Eichholtz La Belle Carpet by Sweetpea & Willow. This silver sand-toned carpet is carefully hand woven from 100% viscose pile with a velvety texture providing a super soft, comfortable feel under your feet. Price: £1700 (200 x 300 cm). www.sweetpeaandwillow.com