Grand Designs Live, proudly sponsored by Anglian Home Improvements, is gearing up for its most inspirational show yet! Whether you’re starting out on your first renovation, building a new home, redecorating a room, looking for ideas to reduce your home’s impact on the environment or simply looking for a little inspiration, here are just some of the reasons why you need to book your ticket:
1. Meet Kevin McCloud: This unique event will be presented by design guru Kevin McCloud, who will be on hand offering expert advice as he leads educational seminars and dynamic debates.
2. Be inspired by over 400 brands, spread across five different sections covering Build, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Gardens and Interiors, plus a Technology Trail. Find RIBA architects, building suppliers, kitchen and bathroom designers, as well as original bespoke designs, home accessories and unique pieces of artwork plus much more.
3. Meet the Grand Designers in The Grand Theatre, sponsored by Airflow: Kevin McCloud will be joined by some of the Grand Designers from the new 2018 series of Grand Designs, premiering in September. Through dynamic Q&A sessions, visitors can expect to hear about everything to do with their bespoke houses; from planning architecture, to building and beyond.
4. A new selection of Room Sets, sponsored by AXA Insurance, based around the theme ‘Design By You’ will be brought to life by six pioneering interior designers in this inspirational installation. These innovative rooms will showcase products which are accessible to visitors and are from British retailers, manufacturers and designers.
5. Established favourite, ‘Ask an Expert’ will return, offering visitors free 30-minute consultations with experts and specialists across a range of home-improvement areas, from finance, to architecture, interiors and everything in-between.
6. British brands are Great! Amongst over 400 exhibitors, Grand Designs Live champions a huge range of home-grown UK brands across each sector including Silva Timber, Weatherproof UK, Kloeber, tp24 LED Lighting, The English Panelling Company, iHUS Projects Ltd, Cre8a, Cooks & Company, and Oakdale Beds.
7. Go Green: Grand Designs Live will continue with their initiative to reduce the usage of singleuse plastic at the show. Following suit from its London instalment by banning plastics bottles, straws and cutlery; replacing them with biodegradable alternatives, aiming to turn the tide on plastic pollution. Visitors will be encouraged to use refillable bottles and water points at the show’s cafes. A unique art installation will be on show in the Central Bar which will be made from recycled bottle top and straws using recycled waste, which would have otherwise ended up in landfill/the ocean.
8. Handpicked by Kevin himself Kevin’s Green Heroes will make their debut to the show with live demonstrations of their products, giving you the chance to see the very best ecoinnovations come to life.
9. Support exceptional design: Grand Designs Live supports numerous SME’s, who do incredible and unique things, ranging from bespoke light fittings to interior design and more. Brands include: Overwrought, Oak & Home, Carbon by Design, Glass Gazebos, The Woodee, Mobi Pizza Ovens, Eurocave.
10. Get a History Lesson – A crowd favourite from past shows, hear from Kevin about The History of the Toilet; and how the advent of sanitation provided the backbone of modern architecture and home design today. Join Kevin as he delves into the fascinating history of the smallest room in the house and explores the innovations and technologies that shape our world.
This October’s edition of Grand Designs Live is set to be one of the most exciting, engaging and informative to date. For more information visit www.granddesignslive.com