Over 250 architects, house-builders, self-builders and interior designers rubbed in the Princes Crescent of the Ideal Home Show to rub shoulders to find out who would win the coveted Blue Ribbon Trophies. Having seen another record breaking year for entries the awards continue to celebrate good design and innovation in housing today.
The awards were presented by George Clarke and Richard Blakeway, the Deputy Mayor for Housing and Land who was also on stage to present the trophies to the lucky winners.
Winners included Urban Splash for their Royal William Yard Project which saw the regeneration of an 18th century building, vPPR Architects for the Otts Yard project, and Linden Homes named Housebuilder of the Year, Countryside Properties as Developer of the Year and Berkeley Homes get Housing Development of the Year for their Kidbrooke Village development.
The full winners are listed below:
- Ideal Home of the Year Solo Project, Stackyard House, Mole Architects
- Ideal Home of the Year Housebuilder/Developer, Otts Yard, vPPR Architects
- Ideal Conversion Solo: Power House, Paul Archer Design
- Ideal Conversion Housebuilder/Developer: Royal William Yard, Urban Splash
- Housing Development; Kidbrooke Village, Berkeley Homes
- Housing Architect Otts Yard, vPPR Architects
- Housebuilder of the Year, Linden Homes
- Developer of the Year, Countryside Properties PLC
- Interior Design of the Year, The Brassworks Belsize Architects
- Self Build Home of the Year, Wedge House SOUP Architects
- Pre-fabricated Home of the Year, Burwood Park House EBS elk Limited Caroline Cust
- Acoustic Design in a Built Environment, Chobham Academy
About the Awards
The Ideal Home Show in the 1960s was one of the key representations of innovation and good design in Britain, in both architectural and product design terms. It regularly attracted the attention of what was then the country’s only design magazine, demonstrating that the worlds of consumer and professional design were perhaps more closely related then than they are now.
The Ideal Home Show Blue Ribbon Awards were re-launched in 2013 with the aim of celebrating and showcasing good design and innovation in housing today. Setting a benchmark for the industry the IHSBRA create a platform for house-builders, designers and architects to submit examples of exemplary projects for the chance to be awarded with a mark of excellence by a panel of industry experts.
Working alongside key industry partners such as the Royal Institute of British Architects, BRE, British Institute of Interior Design, the Home Builders Federation and the Princes Foundation, the Blue Ribbon Awards are one of the only awards to focus on consumers as well as industry and aims to set a benchmark of excellence, while offering consumers a crucial guide to the best in building design, sustainability, community development and affordable housing in the UK.
Key Partners working with
- British Institute of Interior Design
- British Interior Design Association
- House Builders Federation
- Home Owners Alliance
- House Beautiful Media Partner
- Rockwool, Headline Sponsor
- Sue Timney, President of British Institute of Interior Design
- Peter Murray, New London Architecture
- Simon Nicol, BRE
- Stephen Hodder, RIBA
- David Bryant, New Homes Marketing Board
- Ted Stevens, National Self Build Association
- Wayne Hemingway, Hemingway Design
- George Clarke, George Clarke & Partners
- Paula Higgins, HomeOwners Alliance
- Ben Derbyshire, Principal Architect
- Julia Goodwin, Editor House Beautiful
- Will Ray, Head of Energy Design Centre Rockwool