Grand Designs Live, proudly sponsored by Anglian Home Improvements, will return to London’s ExCeL from 5 – 13 May 2018. Whether starting out on your first renovation, building a new home, redecorating a room, installing a new kitchen or simply looking for inspiration, Grand Designs Live is the must-visit event for anyone looking to learn about the world of interiors, design and self-build. The show will offer visitors the chance to explore the very latest in technology developments, discover current trends and preview unseen products. Based on the Channel 4 TV series, and presented by design guru Kevin McCloud, the event will be packed with over 400 exhibitors, across five different sections covering Build, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Gardens and Interiors, plus a Technology Trail.
The Grand Build Hall will showcase products to help with any and every project, from adding an extension, renovating a historical property, to building a new home from the ground up. A wide selection of self-build suppliers including Internorm, Polypipe, Culmax and Airflow, as well as inspiring designs from a variety of architects, will offer innovative ideas for builds ranging from construction to finishing touches. Those interested in environmentally friendly power and incredible design can stop by to see Tesla who create stylish luxury electric automotives, energy storage systems and solar panels.
Pinar will display their award-winning luxury security doors, while new to show, nHouse will showcase their varied range of sheet laminated timber modular homes.
Visitors can also discover Kloeber’s new ranges of doors; RetroFront, a mid-century style entrance door and ÜberSlide, a sliding door with minimal sightlines, as well as Fineline’s high-end glazing and SWS UK’s array of leading garage doors.
Grand Interiors will offer sophisticated and unique ways to furnish and complete a home. Browse hundreds of items and brands not readily available on the high street including Long Island Shutters, Lightstyle, Fantasia Ceiling Fans as well as top fire and bio-ethanol company, Planika.
Joined + Jointed will be launching four new products at Grand Designs Live, including new chair designs, a new side cabinet and a valet stand; in addition to showcasing the Trident seating series; upholstered in collaboration with a contemporary fabric house.
Artistic partnership Miller James Artists will debut a brand-new collection at the show while Adventures In Furniture will be introducing four news sofas and two new dining tables. Fraser Besant Lighting will also show new designs, alongside their existing collection of handmade lighting.
Grand Kitchens another highlight at this season’s show, will include some of the most cutting-edge kitchens and appliances on the market from the likes of Bora, Tomas Kitchen Living, Laz Furniture and Koivu. From fitted to free standing, design to storage, visitors will find solutions to help get the most of their space; along with the finishing touches that are essential to any kitchen.
Grand Bathrooms will showcase products from brands such as Motionspot who produce aesthetically-led accessible bathroom designs for the home, supplying innovative bathroom products that change lives; alongside other exciting brands, Boutique Design & Build, who will be showing Crosswater’s latest release; Union.
Those with a particular interest in the outdoors, will relish the Grand Gardens section, with a selection of brands spanning a variety of areas from outdoor cooking, swimming pools, garden buildings, hot tubs, landscaping and much more. Nissen Huts, initially invented during WWI for military use, are now being converted into beautiful and versatile rooms for the garden; Zenpod garden buildings are built from state of the art components and materials, so as well as being thermally efficient and cost-effective, are also stylish. Find low-carbon annexes from iHus which combine the latest technological advances and materials to set a new standard in independent structure and discover the latest launch in kids’ playhouses from Playways.
After browsing the halls visitors can then enjoy the range of informative features at the show:
- Ask An Expert – This popular service, returns offering visitors the opportunity to consult with specialists across a range of home-improvement areas, from finance to self-build and everything in-between.
- The Grand Theatre, Sponsored by Airflow – Kevin, joined by a whole host of industry experts, and some Grand Designers from the latest series of Grand Designs, will provide a wide-reaching range of informative seminars on everything from architecture, to building, and beyond.
- Kevin’s Green Heroes – Each year Kevin showcases the most revolutionary and useful eco-friendly gadgets and products on the market. This year, visitors can get first-hand experience through live demonstrations of current and past ‘heroes’.
- Grand Room Sets, sponsored by AXA Insurance – The theme of ‘Designed By You’ will be brought to life by pioneering interior designers in this inspirational installation. These innovative rooms will showcase products which are accessible to visitors and are from British retailers, manufacturers and designers.
- The Salvage Yard – Offering high-end, one off, unique pieces of architectural salvage.
- The Lavatory Project – Discover brilliant bathroom decoration for the smallest spaces. This new feature will include mock-ups from six interior designers who will let their imaginations run wild to create unique and striking rooms.
This May’s edition of Grand Designs Live is set to be one of the most exciting, engaging and informative to date.