New and returning brands set to inspire from 11-15 October at Birmingham’s NEC
Grand Designs Live, proudly sponsored by Anglian Home Improvements, returns to Birmingham’s NEC from 11 – 15 October 2017. The event promises to break through the conventional limitations in home building to offer visitors the chance to explore the very latest innovations, discover current trends and preview unseen products. Based on the Channel 4 TV series, and presented by design guru Kevin McCloud, the event will be packed with over 400 exhibitors, across six different sections covering Build, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Technology, Gardens and Interiors.
The Grand Build Hall will showcase products to help any and every project, whether it be renovating a period property or extending a current home. Visitors will find the latest developments in sustainable and eco-technology as well as inspiring designs from an array of architects, along with innovative ideas for builds ranging from construction to finishing touches to create a home that is truly unique.
A selection of self-build suppliers including Polypipe, Internorm, Culmax, Airflow, First Step Design, Hanse Haus, Litecast and Silva Timber will offer an array of top quality essentials and services necessary for every home builder. Yale UK will showcase the leading smart door locks, wireless alarm kits, and the Doormaster replacement multipoint lock. Visitors can also discover oak framed houses from award-winning design and construction company Oakwrights, while Apeer will be offering their fiberglass composite doors alongside ‘Lumi’, a groundbreaking new range of customisable, matching frameless windows, bi-folds and doors. With a completely flat and uninterrupted profile, these radically styled windows will bring a wall of light into any home.
An array of companies offering eco-friendly services and products can also be found. From the likes of Mark Heat Recovery Systems whose HRV units increase home energy efficiency and provide a healthy environment, to ESP’s renewable energy innovations and ARKHIbuild’s offering of Passivhaus design to minimalise a building’s impact on the natural world, and increase sustainability. The leaders in the reclaimed stone market, Buy Bath Stone, use the best in innovative stone cutting techniques to brighten the home or workplace.
Encouraging the use of reclaimed and recycled stone which is discarded for landfill, they will showcase their historical stones which can be used in commercial developments.
Grand Interiors and The Design Arcade will offer stylish ways to furnish and finish a home. Discover unique products from individual designers and browse hundreds of items not readily available on the high street including JAMS, Jam Jar Lights and renowned flooring specialist Karndean International.
Collectiviste, who partner with international artisans, will showcase an eco-conscious collection that provides unique, handcrafted and naturally-inspired statement pieces, an individual alternative to mass production lighting.
SAM Leisure, who have been providing quality and professional games room and leisure equipment for over 20 years, will be unveiling their latest addition to the dining room pool table range, the Purist. A bespoke handmade table with a ball return system and a hard wearing Corian dining top. This table is the ultimate functional dining table and pool table combined.
One not to be missed, Restoration Tree produce furniture using responsibly sourced timber from around the world. Specialising in African hardwoods and British hardwoods, they produce natural artistic furniture for all aspects of living.
Grand Kitchens sponsored by Miele, will offer some of the most cutting-edge kitchens and appliances on the market from the likes of Kutchenhaus and Rational Kitchens. Making their debut at a UK event, Grohe Blue Home, will showcase their tap which produces chilled and sparkling water. Also showing for the first time, Bora will be presenting their premium cooktop extractor – ‘Bora Professional 2.0’. Striking tiles from Solus Ceramics, and stunning digitally printed full colour splash backs from Cherry Glass Design are not to be missed! From fitted to free standing, design to storage, visitors will find solutions to help get the most of their space; along with the cutting-edge finishing touches that are essential to any kitchen.
Grand Bathrooms, another highlight at this season’s show, will include exhibitors such as Heritage Bathrooms who produce iconic, classic design products which are inspired by their very own trend panel of leading experts, plus other exciting brands including Midlands based company Avanti and leading supplier of bathroom towel rails and designer radiators, Towelrads.
Those with a particular interest in the Grand Gardens section, can explore brands spanning a variety of areas of interest from outdoor cooking, swimming pools, garden buildings, tennis courts, hot tubs, landscaping and much more. Sponsored by Hydropool, visitors will discover an abundance of new and exciting ideas.
Outdoor structures such as garden offices, summerhouses, studios, workshops, log cabins, playhouses, granny annexes, timber garages, sheds, windows and doors from Tunstall Garden will inspire garden lovers while leading manufacturer of swimming pool installations Berndorf Baderbau will offer luxury pools in a variety of stylish design options including stainless steel pool casings. For a truly unique garden feature, visit Reluxe to experience their stunning modular buildings, container conversions and beautiful interiors.
Country Caravans will be bringing their stunning Bee Keepers Cottage, ideal for a summer escape or just as a garden getaway space. Built on a steel chassis with removal transport wheels the cottage is an open plan living interior space.
Those with a particular interest in the Grand Technology area can explore the innovation of the smart thermostat, Hive, controllable from your phone from British Gas, or peruse amazing offers on phone, TV and connectivity packages from Virgin Media. Alongside these amazing features, the show offers an array of other great attractions, including:
- Ask An Expert – This ever popular service, returns with experts offering free advice in every field, from financing projects, to architecture, interiors and much more
- The Kitchen Advice Centre, sponsored by Miele – Book free 30-minute consultations looking at all aspects of kitchen planning and development.
- The Live Kitchen, sponsored by Miele For cooking buffs, the Live Kitchen is a must see feature, with top chefs hard at work showing audiences how to prepare delicious meals and take advantage of kitchen appliances in live demos.
- The Grand Theatre, sponsored by Airflow – Kevin, joined by a whole host of industry experts, and some Grand Designers from the new series of Grand Designs, will provide a wide-reaching range of informative seminars on everything from architecture, to building, and beyond.
- Virtual Sandbox – Visitors can experience 360 views and fly-throughs of exciting domestic and commercial architectural projects in full-immersion experiences on the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift VR sets, giving viewer a chance to interact with their surroundings in real time.
- Kevin’s Green Heroes – Each year Kevin showcases the most innovative and useful eco-friendly gadgets and products on the market. His hand-picked selection reveals the latest trends in green technology and shines a light on new directions in product design.
- Grand Room Sets – The theme will be brought to life by pioneering interior designers in this inspirational installation. These innovative rooms will showcase products which are accessible to visitors and are from British retailers, manufacturers and designers.